Arma Tactical Combat (ATC), founded by BDR Clan in 2008, almost each year organises large scale PvP campaigns (120 players in the last edition).
What is ATC about?
The ATC is a campaign, a series of battles between two organized factions. Each campaign simulates operations between two opposite companies consisting of infantry squads, armored, recon, logistic sections and air support, reflecting nearly real combat balance, leaded by the respective faction commanders.
At the start of the campaign each faction has in control a number of areas, each one consisting of 3 sectors. Each battle consists in a side trying to conquer an area and the other side trying to defend it. The goal of each side/faction is to control the majority of the areas at the end of the campaign.
Each side, or Company, is formed by alliances between different Units, each Unit will provide combat forces to the alliance according to the Unit specialization.
A bit of history:
Starting in 2008 with Arma1, there have been 8 big campaigns so far, varying from 9 to up to 15 battles, in different scenarios, Sahrani, Chernarus, Takistan, Celle2 and Altis.
There are several features that make the ATC gameplay unique, all with the aim to have tactical, teamwork orientated, well organized and enjoyable battles.
- First person only, No Crosshair, Termal is Disabled, Radar is Disabled.
- No side chat, only markers allowed to enforce correct radio comms.
- No vehicle respawn, weapon and vehicle restrictions depending on your role.
- Since ATC#9, Advanced Flight Model is forced in the mission
- Player’s respawn is limited by personal tickets. The respawn feature is configured so that it allows a continuous flow of gameplay, but also gives room for units to make critical moves / strikes while their opponent is recovering. That way you gain terrain and you will be able to seize and hold your objective sectors. Penalty for death are not to be taken lightly, the respawn is only in base and, due to to the large maps, it will take quite some time to get back into the area of operations.
- Specific rules to conquer the sectors making the capture not an easy stuff as you need a critical amount of attackers and defenders beyond a critical number.
Battle day and time: Sundays at 19.00 UTC (may vary between ATC Editions)
Frequency: weekly (when the campaign started)
Average campaign lenght: 8 -10 battles
PROMO VIDEO – Ellman’s courtesy!