[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - New PvP concept by Dutch

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:54 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: New PvP concept by Dutch
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm 

Hello all

I receive this from Dutch :

Dear ATC community,

At the moment a new PVP concept is in development which will, when ready, provide the ArmA community with a new form of PVP, namely organized large scale tank versus tank combat.

The game concept / format we are developing is build to facilitate standalone PVP battles, taking place on an occasional frequency unlike a series/campaign.

We aim that the game concept / battles are easy accessible for any ArmA player with a sense for tactics and a teamwork orientated play style. The concept uses the ACE2 mod and a capture/hold playstyle.

Small scale tests have been successfully conducted and the game concept is now ready to be tested with a larger group of players.

What we would like to test:

* Test the mission/server flow with a higher amount of players (preferably 70 players)
* Test the various objective zones functionalities with this higher number of players

What would be in it for you?

A very original and fun 45 minutes of gameplay, in which you and your mates embark on the tanks, grouping into platoons and then ride off to face and engage a similar enemy human controlled tank force. We are talking about 9 vs 9 tanks (plus additional scouts and logistics)

Before I say anything about a date or time when this larger scale test would take place, I would like to know if your community would be willing to assist/participate in such test. The test game would take no more then 45 minutes.

Those who are interested can contact either me or Nemesi for further information and/or registration for the test event.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Eric Dutch

Main Developer

Email: dutch@unit19.org

Thanks Dutch for this presentation, as ATC I would be happy to assist testings and curious about this original gameplay.

Looking forward to hearing from ATC Teams!

Nemesi,
Chief of Staff
Arma Tactical Combat

OfflineProfileSend private message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 pm 

Thank you for sharing the info Nemesi,

As I presented my plan to both OPFOR and BLUFOR leadership last Monday evening on Teamspeak, I promised to provide some additonal information so here it is. To recap, the event I would like to invite you for is a test battle, taking place on the open plains on the Eastern hemisphere of Takistan.

I have decreased the amount of needed addons for this concept.
The only thing you would need now for the game is @ACE and @CBA which only is 160 MB in total. It can be downloaded with Six Updater.

Here is the project website in which you can get alot of info from.

And here are detailed installation instructions for ACE:

And here is an explanation about what ACE does:

Hope to get some positive response / interest in this.

Best regards,

Eric Dutch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:17 am 

Thank you Dutch for infos. Looking forward to organise this test. I'll keep you informed.

Best regards and wishes

Nemesi,
Chief of Staff
Arma Tactical Combat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:04 pm 

Update:

During last two weeks I have again spoken with all group leaders (expect for one) from ATC.
I am very happy to hear that (portions of) the groups are willing to participate on this battle.
From what I can tell from the information I received from the clanleaders, I count a total of approx 55 volenteers / participants. (excluding my group U19)
I have created a tentative roster on the Rolling Thunder page.
http://www.rollingthunder.unit19.org/page.php?4
This will be updated again after I received info from some other groups (outside ATC)
If there are volenteers who specifically want to fill support slots or scout slots, please let me know.

Expect the date / time for the test battle to be announced within a week.

Best regards,

Dutch

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]