[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
• View topic - Greetings from the 3rd ID!

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:04 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 am 

Hello everyone!

I am Sergeant Holson of the 3rd Infantry Division. I am here in response to a post that was made on our forums with regards to this campaign and also to sort of feel things out to determine whether this campaign would be a good fit for our unit. With that being said there are a few questions I have about the campaign in general and also about the state of the ATC community. First of all, the original post on our forums was a little unclear about how the battles would be fought in game. We recently participated in a campaign that used AAS (Advance and Secure) gametype and I feel that a lot of our men were disillusioned by its functionality. Not that with the proper tweaks it was all bad, but some of us were disappointed with how it played out. So how do the battles actually work in game? Secondly, I just did a general scan of the forums and noticed that there hasn't been a lot of recent forum activity. Whether this is due to school just starting back or a number of other issues I'm unaware of is beside the point, my concern is that the community here is either nonexistent or just does not care to communicate with each other. My question then is, in the opinion of the members of the community, is the community of players here healthy? Are there people within the group who are willing to help others and can they do so without causing a huge amount of drama?

I hope that the responses to these questions can help to nail down some loose ends from our standpoint, and I look forward to reading them.

Regards,
Sergeant Derek R. Holson
Kilo Company
3rd Infantry Division

OfflineProfileSend private message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:04 pm 

Hi Holson!

First of all thanks for your interest in our Campaign, please say hello to your 3rd Inf. Division.

I'm coming to your points.

1. How it works. To have a taste on how it works you can have a look at the last campaign season, that ended at the end of april. You have all rules and guidelines, take into account the next campaign will have some new features I haven't jet published (I will after the first test is performed).

I have to say this campaign is totally different from AAS, you have no points no flags or whatever, our point is to simulate real military operations, here everything is prepared in advance, you have a defined role, each side is formed by alliances between units that last the whole campaign, and we give much importance to the chain of command and to multilevel TS comms.

To make sure everyone understood and is happy with the gameplay and the other teams we will perform at least two "srim battles" plus one or two test battle as needed. This to make sure everyone is happy with the campaign and has in principle the same chances to win the battles.

Of course what I'm writing here sounds vague, for this reason we will have Team Leaders Meetings where we will answer your questions and test/scrim battles before starting the actual campaign.

I would like to invite you in a TS3 meeting at your convenience to talk in voice, so ve can verify if ATC meets your expectations and if your unit will fit into such a campaign.

2. About forum inactivity, the answer is simple, we finished the last season at the end of april, and we re-opened the season time now. I'll assure you it is a living community, but it is not the usual gaming community as we perform season campaigns, and the forum purpose is not for chat but it serves as operation /after action reports, so it may look very quiet when the season is over. We use to communicate via mail/TeamSpeak mostly when the season is over.

Hope I answered at least in part, I hope to arrange a TS meeting with you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you, again welcome here and good luck!

Regards

Nemesi,
Chief of Staff
Arma Tactical Combat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:39 am 

Do you have an XFire account so that I may add you to be able to set up a TS3 meeting easier?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:45 pm 

Well maybe I had once but I'm afraid I forgot everything since I never used, I have a msn contact I send you in PM. Looking forward to talking with you

Nemesi,
Chief of Staff
Arma Tactical Combat

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]